In conjunction with its strategic partners such as Enterprise Florida and the US Commercial Service, the Business Development Board can connect Martin County businesses with resources and tools to initiate or expand their export activities. For more information about any of the below programs, or export assistance in general, please contact the BDBMC.
- Florida Export Directory: this website is a way for Florida exporters to gain international market exposure free of charge through a search-able, web-based directory.
- Florida Research Coast Export Directory: regional export directory free of charge through a searchable, web-based directory.
- US Commercial Service Export Liaison: A new program for 2010, a representative from the US Commercial service will be available for one-on-one meetings at the BDBMC once a month to offer export assistance to Martin County businesses.
- Export Assistance Office: The regional EAO provides export counseling and advice to Martin County manufacturers, export intermediaries, and services companies. These international marketing professionals can evaluate the market readiness of current and potential exporters help select target markets for a company's particular products and services, and provide baseline legal, tax, and logistics requirements.
- Overseas Trade Missions and Exhibitions: Enterprise Florida maintains an extensive schedule of overseas trade missions and exhibitions worldwide. Export Sales Missions are professionally planned and feature one-on-one appointments with potential business partners overseas.
- Target Sector Trade Event Grants: Eligible small and medium-sized companies can apply for a Target Sector Trade Event Grant to help offset costs and enable them to participate in Enterprise Florida trade shows and select U.S. certified trade exhibitions in target sectors.
- Qualified International Trade Leads: Enterprise Florida identifies and qualifies foreign companies interested in sourcing goods and services, creating export opportunities for Martin County companies.
- Florida First Sourcing Program: Martin County exporters seeking Florida suppliers can take advantage of the Florida First Sourcing Program to identify in-state suppliers for their export needs. It encourages Florida trading companies and purchasing agents to buy Florida products rather than purchasing from other states to fill their export orders.
- Export Finance / Florida Export Finance Corporation: provides financing for small and medium-sized companies who have difficulty obtaining financial assistance from conventional lending institutions.
- Florida Trade Partners Alliance: The only one of its kind in the country, this statewide strategic alliance of trade and economic development partners provides a network of programs and services to Martin County exporters ranging from export counseling, training and workshops, trade missions, and export finance.